6 Aspects of Marketing Your Website to Searchers
The internet is getting to be a complex place. And today, more than ever, website owners have lots of choices when looking for ways to promote their websites on the internet. The term "search marketing" refers to making your website visible to people who are searching on Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. By placing your website in front of these search phrases you are effectively marketing your business to the online user.
Today’s search marketing techniques include:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – SEO refers to configuring your website to show up in
“natural” search results when people type in a given phrase. These natural, or “organic” search results are those that appear underneath sponsored listings and are free to click on. SEO generally takes time to implement and succeed but long term is has tremendous benefit for website owners in terms of driving traffic.
2. Link building – The number and quality of links on the internet pointing to your website is very important when it comes to web marketing. The best way to build links is to offer web users interesting, entertaining or otherwise valuable content that they will want to talk about or share.
3. Paid Search Marketing (PPC) – PPC is essentially paying for clicks. All search engines have a section called “sponsored links” where advertisers pay to be visible when users type in key phrases. You are charged if someone clicks on your ad and is taken to your website.
4. Email Marketing – Keeping in touch with your existing clients via email is a tried and true, cost effective way of digital marketing.
5. Blogging – Many people keep up with blogs for regular doses of good information. Blogs are a great way to promote your content to other bloggers as well as reach web users in a less formal manner.
6. Social Media Marketing – This is perhaps the newest and least understood method of search engine marketing. It refers to techniques used to network with others on social sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. Marketers today are testing and measuring results from these efforts to figure out the best way for their business to participate in social media and have a positive ROI.