Mandeville area real estate and finance experts are combining their knowledge to offer a home buyers seminar on June 2nd at the Mandeville Community Center from 7 – 8:30 pm. The team of panelists will cover many topics of interest to potential homebuyers including the $8,000 homebuyer tax credit, tips for selecting a home, the best advice for getting a mortgage as well as the tax benefits of home ownership.
The event is open to the public and free of charge. Reservations can be made by calling 985-871-4940 but please call soon because seating is limited.
Current topics with real value for potential homebuyers
The seminar will feature in depth discussion on a number of topics which are very timely in today’s real estate marketing including:
- The new $8,000 homebuyer tax credit – Learn how it works, who can qualify and what are the “catches” or “fine print.” Recently it was announced that this program may not only benefit first time homebuyers – but also those buyers who have not owned a home in the last 3 years. So former homeowners MAY qualify!
- Choosing a house in today’s market – With so many homes for sale including a record number of bank repos, let our panel show you how to get a bargain price on a great home.
- Mortgage 101 – Learn about how the recent lending changes may impact the type of loan you qualify for as well as special lending programs being created by the Obama Administration. We will also share the best tips for getting the absolute lowest rate possible.
- Closing Advice - Learn the steps in the closing process for a smooth closing!
Selecting Insurance - Learn the do’s and don’ts of homeowners Insurance including how to find private market insurance instead of the Louisiana fair plan.
- Risk Management – Once you own a home it is important to learn how to protect your assets and lifestyle. Our experts will share valuable tips that can help you build equity and protect what you work for.
Valuable expertise on more than just real estate
This home buyers seminar is a unique event as it features input from a panel of experts in the local Mandeville, Louisiana real estate and finance market. Our panel includes:
Butler P. Ball
RE/MAX Northlake Associates
Certified Public Accountant
Orleans Insurance Agency LLC
Branch Wealth Strategies
Learn valuable information so you can make an informed decision
Today’s potential homeowners have good reason to be confused. Most of the economic and housing market news may seem negative on the surface. On the other hand there is a new wave of government programs including housing incentives which seem attractive at first glance. When combined with the abundance of homes to choose from at great prices and the availability of low mortgage rates, many potential buyers are now carefully considering their options.
We invite you to join us at this seminar so that you can better understand the complex market conditions and make a good, informed decision for you and your family.