What can you learn from the Top 10 Most Popular Blog Sites?
It’s getting hard to agree on what makes something “cool” these days. With so much information swirling around the internet, I would argue that it’s even harder today to be considered “cool” which makes it all the more impressive when you look at the amount of hard work these sites have put in to get to the top of the list.
The following sites made our “Top 10” most popular list based on a combination of factors including their ranks on Technorati and Alexa, as well as their Google Page Rank (all are 8 or above!). But the real test of "coolness" is whether or not millions of people follow and read your blog on a daily basis. And making it to the top of that heap in today's world is in fact very cool indeed!
Our Top 10 Coolest Sites on Earth:
- Huggington Post - political news review & comments
- TMZ - celebrity gossip
- Engadget - all things tech but cool
- Gizmodo - more tech stuff
- Mashable - social media news & web tips
- TechCrunch - yet more tech?
- Gawker - political & celebrity gossib
- lifehacker - tips & downloads for getting things done
- BoingBoing – pop culture, weird news & fun stuff
- The Daily Beast – political & news review & comments
What do they all have in common?
It may seem obvious as to what these sites all have in common, but making a list of what makes them great might inspire the rest of us to bigger and better things. Each of these super cool sites offers:
- Ruthless devotion to being current & interesting
- Unique content you can’t find anywhere else
- Popular topics & subjects. There are no blogs on boring subjects in the top 10.
- A good reason to follow along including providing:
- Interesting or fun information
- Insider gossip
- News & political discussion
- “How to” advice
- Being the “first” to learn about a topic
Did we miss any?
I hope you enjoy our list. If you think we missed a site that should be included leave it in the comments for others to see!